Status of Chris Walker Educational Fund:
1. Current Fund as of 10/31/2019: $92,000
2. Funds Distributed in 2019 - $18,000
3. Funds raised in 2019:TBA
Amount Available for Grants in 2020:
1. Amount estimated available for grants in any given year shall be 20% in the fund on the last day of the previous year, including pledges received by that date and subsequently funded.
2. $20,000 will be available in 2020.
3. The Fund will consider larger amounts for special initiatives.
Rules and Grants:
1. No more than 70% of the total grants for anyone year can be given to any one project or category. (Institutional / organizations or individual grant category)
2. The minimum Grant amount will be $250.00.
3. All grants shall be to individuals or organizations associated with the NEFA or other Leasing Associations and the CLFP Foundation to further equipment financing education.
4. No more than 70% of the fund grants will go directly to NEFA and CLFP Foundation combined in any given year.
1. The Chris Walker Education Fund Committee will announce publicly the amount of grant money available for the 2020 year, by early December and make grant forms available to NEFA ,the CLFP Foundation, and other suitable parties for appropriate distribution.
2. An initial press release will be issued in early December 2019 indicating a January 30th, 2020 deadline for requests. A second press release will be issued reminding the industry of the deadline early in January 2020.
3. Grant requests must be submitted within a stated time frame defined in the grant announcement for that year.
4. Grants will be approved and granted approximately 60 days after the submission deadline as stated in the grant announcement.
5. All grant requests will be reviewed and approved by the Chris Walker Education Committee, both institutional / organizational and individually based on their merits.
6. The Grant application shall be approved by the committee and grant recipients will receive their notification prior to the NEFA Annual Spring Conference (March – 2020 San Antonio).
The Chris Walker Education Committee: