Please check the Calendar of Events for upcoming regional events!
The Regional Committee is responsible for organizing regional and local meetings for networking, socializing and educating NEFA members. These gatherings are the very fiber of our organization and a special part of our history, reaching back to early UAEL and EAEL roots. Your Regional Committee is committed to carrying on the tradition of these legendary gatherings. A complete list can be found on the NEFA web site under the Networking and Events tab. Be sure to check often because new events are being added frequently.
We though you might appreciate an overview of some of this year’s meetings to give you an idea of what you can do with NEFA. If one sounds good, check with us to see when we're doing it again. They’re very reasonably priced and full of smiling faces.
These are just some highlights, so don’t worry if you’re not seeing a meeting you attended!
- The New Jersey EXPO Super-Regional Event is generally held in early November and is always a big draw for a day of education and handshaking.
- Quarterly luncheons at one of Atlanta's most beautiful country clubs
- Crab Feast is held each year in June in Baltimore. The crabs are fantastic and the networking is world class.
- One year we had an Indianapolis Motor Speedway “Indy” event. Imagine touring the garage area and observing drivers practice on the track. It is a great day of racing, networking and FUN!
- Enjoy the Chicago Cubs from a Wrigleyville rooftop box overlooking world famous Wrigley Field. The beer and brats are terrific.
- Experience sunny skies and the Seattle Mariners from a private box.
- The Angles on a perfect (aren’t they all?) Southern California evening.
- A Minnesota Twins game outing was held in conjuction with the 2011 Funding Symposium.
- Midwest has their famous Chicago Holiday Party.
- Southern California has a wonderful event in downtown Orange.
- Seattle has a fun winter evening including networking, cocktails and hors devours.
- New York, hey it’s the holidays in the City that never sleeps!
Quite a line-up isn’t it? And this is only a snap shot of the many kinds of regional meetings NEFA puts on. Check our calendar of events regularly for updated schedules. Our plan is to reach out to our members and bring value now more than ever and your Regional Committee needs your help. What can you do?
ATTEND. If there is a meeting nearby please join us! Meetings are usually organized around two primary objectives: Networking and Education. Registration will be available on-line at nefassociation.com or you can always pick up the phone and call.
ORGANIZE. We can always use your help arranging a meeting or helping with one. Reach out to the Regional Committee and get involved.
INCLUDE. Why not bring another member or non-member with you? You don’t have to be a member to attend regional events so please share the fun.
These are challenging times in our industry but you are not alone, your fellow members are sharing ideas and best practices to survive and thrive and they want to share with you. Won’t you bring your thoughts and your laughter along with your challenges; together we’ll all be stronger.
Your Regional Committee
Tara Aasand Chair
Nancy Pistorio, CLP
Amy Spragg, CLP