Certified Lease and Finance Professional Information
The Certified Lease and Finance Professional (CLFP) designation is the preeminent credential for equipment leasing and financing professionals throughout the world who have demonstrated competency through testing of knowledge, continuing education and a commitment to their business practices and dedication to the industry.
Earning and maintaining your designation as a Certified Leasing Professional will distinguish you in the commercial equipment leasing and finance industry as a someone with exceptional reputation, experience and mastery of the CLFP Body of Knowledge. The Certified Lease Professional (CLFP) designation is the singular standard for professionalism in the leasing industry. In fact, CLFP is the only leasing industry certification program in the world. The letters CLFP behind one’s name are a visible acknowledgement of this professional achievement and status.
Standards of Professional Conduct
- A CLFP will always strive to conduct all business dealings in an honest, ethical, and professional manner.
- A CLFP will respect ownership of funds delivered as advanced fees or security deposits and will treat in a fiduciary capacity all funds received in that capacity.
- A CLFP will strive to constantly gain additional education to improve his/her professional competency and will work to promote education and integrity within the leasing industry.
- A CLFP will never knowingly make false or misleading statements to his/her employer, employees, customers, vendors, brokers or funding sources.
- A CLFP will never be involved in fraudulent activities.
- A CLFP will act in a leadership role in the industry and always be held to the highest standards of conduct applicable to the industry.
Equipment leasing and finance professionals with the following prerequisites may apply:
1. A minimum three years of verifiable equipment leasing and financing experience.
2. Acceptable character, ability and reputation.
3. Pledge, in writing, to adhere to the CLFP Standards of Professional Conduct.
Apply For Certification
Visit the CLFP Foundation website to apply for certification.
CLFP Body of Knowledge
Visit the CLP Foundation website to learn about the body of knowledge.
Use of the CLFP Designation
As a Certified Lease Professional, you may use the CLFP designation on business letterhead, business cards and other business documents and correspondence. The CLFP designation may also be used after a name when writing an article or in a resume, biography or other professional situation.
CLFP Promotions Exclusive for NEFA Members
Check back regularly for information regarding promotions exclusive for NEFA members. Thank you!
Contact CLFP Executive Director, Reid Raykovich